Are you an experienced DevOps Engineer and do you want to work at a dynamic well-established company in the Telecom industry? Then maybe this will be your next project or permanent job!
- Design and in-life improvements of internal and external Cloud-Based solutions
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives based on wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (Microservices). Cloud (building) experience with technologies/services
- Participate in design and implementation phases for new and/or existing products, with a focus on providing technical expertise for successful execution
- Define and develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by analysing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality across cloud based large scale infrastructure; setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle
- Hands-on involvement in building, deployment and testing pipelines (automated deployment and testing to ensure continuous delivery)
- Recommends on CI/CD (Continuous Integrations and Deployment) system solutions and associated automation implementations using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Lead/hands-on on coding and script writing (AWS CLI scripts, Unix shell scripts, Python, PowerShell, Perl, Ruby) to automate the deployment/testing of system solutions; and maintenance of systems in a geographically distributed environment
- Design and develop in-life excellence solution like Fault identification, tolerance and recovery automations using Monitoring tools (local and on public cloud platforms) Nagios, Zabbix, Sensu, ELK, Cloud Watch, Splunk, New Relic etc. to trigger instant alerts, reports and dashboards. Work closely with the development and infrastructure teams to analyse and design solutions with four nines (99.99%) up-time, globally distributed, clustered, production and non-production virtualized infrastructure
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers
- Creates multimedia applications by using authoring tools
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
- Conducts quality assurance activities such as peer reviews
- Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as technical documentation and associated assistance tools for users
- Good understanding of classic and cloud infrastructure components/technology
- Experience working with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Strong Amazon Web Services (AWS), microservices experience. Familiarity with Microsoft Azure, Docker Container, Kubernetes
- Experience with High Availability Solutions, global scale solutions like cloud based auto scaling etc.
- Good Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Atlassian, Bamboo, Jenkins, Apache Maven or Apache Ant, along with cloud based deployments
- Experience with container technologies, open source technologies and tools
- Specialization in least one of PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby with knowledge of NOSQL RDBMS (TSDB , Cassandra and MongoDB) and big Data concepts
- Deep knowledge on Monitoring tools (local and on public cloud platforms) Nagios, Zabbix, Sensu, ELK, Cloud Watch, Splunk, New Relic etc.
- Certification on above mentioned is considered a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or other technical studies
Most desirable skillset:
AWS, Graphite, Logstash, Elastic Search, Kibana, Apache Zookeeper, Python, Docker, VMware, Kubernetes, fleet, Kafka, auto scaleup