As the pioneers who introduced RISC-V to the world, SiFive is transforming the future of compute by bringing the limitless potential of RISC-V to the highest performance and most data-intensive applications in the world. SiFive’s unrivaled compute platforms have enabled leading technology companies around the world to innovate, optimize, and deliver the most advanced solutions of tomorrow across every market segment of chip design, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, automotive, datacenter, mobile, and consumer. With SiFive, the future of RISC-V has no limits. For more information, please visit www.sifive.com.
Senior Software Engineer - Development Tools Group
SiFive is expanding our development tools offering to include new debug and performance tools for our Performance and SiFive Intelligence processors. We are looking for an experienced engineer to join the SiFive Development Tools Group.
The debug and performance tools planned over the next 2 years will be state-of-the-art and be used both internally and by the SiFIve customer base and become an integral part of Freedom Studio, our Eclipse based IDE. The successful candidate will possess the ability to work with other functional groups within SiFIve and be comfortable with customer-facing presentations. You will have the unique opportunity to work on innovative debug and performance tools for an ISA that is transforming the industry.
- Assist in developing new and innovative debug and performance tuning tools for SiFive processors.
- Work directly with SiFive customers, when needed, to provide awesome pre-sales and post-sales customer support.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience with tuning the performance of applications using performance counters, instruction trace, and other technologies.
- Experience working with the Linux kernel, Linux Kernel Modules, Linux User Space Development, and Linux based performance measurement tools like perf and gprof.
- Comfortable and fluent with software engineering and best practices for the software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- You love building tools that make other developers more productive.
- A total of 5+ years of software development experience.
SiFive is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes flexible paid time off; health, vision and dental benefits; 401(k) plan; employee stock option program, and much more.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
If you yearn to be challenged and wish to work in an environment where the boundaries of your creativity and skills will be tested, then SiFive is the place for you!
Notice to Staffing Agencies / External Recruiters:
Thank you for your interest in SiFive Inc. Please note that SiFive does not accept unsolicited resumes from external agencies unless contracted to fill a specific position. Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact SiFive employees directly in an attempt to present candidates – all applications must go through SiFive's internal recruiting team. Any third-party resume forwarded by agencies/external recruiters to a SiFive mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to SiFive employees, or to SiFive's resume database will be considered property of SiFive Inc and treated as a direct application. This exchange does not constitute an agreement between SiFive and the agency/external recruiter. SiFive reserves the right to contact the candidate directly. Employment agencies/external recruiters will receive no compensation from SiFive or its companies.