CivicActions works with government agencies to build human-centered digital services that connect constituents to their institutions through excellent digital experiences and greater government transparency and accountability. We are looking for others like us with a true passion for using technology to make a positive change in our world.
This position will join our cross-functional and highly collaborative team developing the next generation of NSF.gov, using modern technologies and practices.
This position is remote (work from home) and requires a federal background investigation
For these positions, we need people with experience in a combination of the following:
- Experience working in Agile and cross-functional teams (with users, developers, product managers, security and compliance)
- Break down complex problems into understandable and iterative solutions
- Infrastructure-as-code development and operations on Kubernetes environments using Docker and Helm
- Continuous integration & continuous deployment with Jenkins
- Familiarity with AWS services including EKS, RDS PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, CloudWatch
- Create and maintain documentation, timely and detailed ticket updates and communications around work
- Planning and implementing migration of systems and applications between hosts with minimal downtime
- Can work both collaboratively and solo, with experience navigating complex troubleshooting scenarios
- Site reliability engineering (SRE) and on-call rotation - must be able to respond nights and/or weekends, as necessary
- At least four years of relevant experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Experience with GNU/Linux, Apache, PHP and/or Drupal configuration
- Previous federal background investigation
$90,000 - $125,000 USD per Year
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
We are a completely remote team within the United States. We ask that you have a dedicated work space, computer and fast internet.
People who are well taken care of can be more balanced, productive, and happy.
- 100% company-paid medical/dental/vision/life/ disability with 100% dependent coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible vacation policy, we encourage employees to take time off as much time as needed
- Yearly professional development and tech stipend
- Yearly technology stipend
We value diverse teams and are committed to creating a community of inclusion.We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.