ottonova is Germany's newest and first digital private health insurance. We're living the agile mindset and want to disrupt the German insurance eco-system by bringing innovation and customer centricity the industry is lacking.
Help us build the best engineering team in Germany!
We are looking for a talented DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) combining technical expertise and eagerness to scale and manage our modern and sophisticated cloud infrastructure.
We care about teamwork, delivering value, positivity, constant improvement, technical excellence, growth and innovation.
As a DevOps Engineer (m/f/d) you will be working closely with our development teams using your expert knowledge of infrastructure, cloud-native environments and Linux to help us build the platform of the best health insurance in Germany.
Your future job
- You will work closely together with our crossfunctional development teams
- Stakeholders approach you with technical questions and support requests
- Maintain, develop and improve our cloud infrastructure on AWS using Terraform
- Write code to manage and scale insurance applications and processes
- Conceptualize future-proof system architectures
- Brainstorm together with our other infrastructure engineers and exchange knowledge and ideas
- You will be watching over monitoring and logging data and manage aggregation, processing and storage
- Shorten our lead time of potential issues through smart analytics and alerting
- Figure out limits and improvements of our systems through strategic testing
- Several years of experience in tech centric and agile work environments
- Proficiency in English is required, since it is our "lingua franca"
- Hands-on experience with DevOps, Docker, Linux, Kubernetes (K8s) and Automation
- You have managed cloud based hosting environments on AWS, GCP or Azure
- You hate manual labor and thus automate infrastructure using Terraform
- A great working attitude, willing and eager to learn and develop yourself and those around you
- In you doings you take IT Security, Scalability and Maintainability very serious
- You're a clear and direct communicator
- Ability to clearly create, communicate and discuss technical concepts
- Ability and willingness to write technical documentation
- You're motivated, autonomous, working reliably and do not fear taking responsibilities
- You're always interested in learning about new technologies
- You already experimented around with the other Hashicorp tools (Vault, Consul, ...)
- Comprehensive knowledge about the Gitlab stack, especially Gitlab CI/CD and its K8s integration
- You already worked in software development or closely with software developers
- A degree in Computer Science
- Experience in regulated industries like insurances or banks
What we offer
- A young company which still preserves their startup culture
- You decide how you can accomplish your tasks best
- Young, motivated and highly skilled colleagues
- Flexible development processes
- Interesting tasks and challenges
- Freedom to choose your own local stack (OS, Hardware, IDE, tooling in general).
- Regular team events with fun, food, drinks and table tennis (might be limited during COVID-19)
- Openness to use and try out newest technologies
- Central and easy to reach Munich office
- Possibility to work remotely
- A dynamic workplace giving you lots of opportunities for professional and personal development
- 29 days of vacation in 2021, 2022 it will be 30 days
- A company pension scheme ("Betriebliche Altersvorsorge")
- Free membership in a gym near the office
- Travel subsidy ("Fahrtkostenzuschuss")
- Language courses
- Further education opportunities
- Corporate benefits - Get discounts when shopping for certain brands
If you want to learn more about our great IT team and the tech we’re using, pay us a visit on https://ottonova.tech or visit our IT Twitter at https://www.twitter.com/ottonova_tech.
We would much appreciate your opinion on one of our latest blog posts