Boston IT Services is looking for a DevOps System Engineer to join our Boston/Cambridge-based team. A successful candidate is driven, has strong collaboration skills, and is passionate about cloud technology.
Our company is founded on bringing a personal element to the most difficult of tech problems.
- Build, scale, and secure Linux and Windows server and application infrastructure in AWS and Azure
- Design and implement automation solutions for DEV, QA and Production environments.
- Maintain existing and future custom server configurations
- Collaborate with clients during the deployment and testing phases to provide insight into operational, security, and performance considerations
- Evaluate and compare existing systems to accepted industry standards
- Implement industry best practices for configuration management, build and deployment automation, and operational monitoring and analysis
- Develop and maintain operational administration, system and data backup, disaster recovery, and security/performance monitoring policies and tools
- Act as first responder to triage and analyze abnormalities in system operation
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years’ experience with Linux systems, Bash, Python, PowerShell, or other scripting languages
- 5+ years' experience with AWS cloud services, Automated Deployment, Configuration Management, and System Monitoring
- Familiar with Git or another version control
- Knowledge of networking technology and concepts: TCP/UDP, SSL, HTTP, NAT
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong problem solving, organization and analytical skills
- Self-starter and self-motivated
- Eagerness to learn new technologies
- Enthusiasm for technology and creative solutions
- Friendly, fast-paced working environment
- Great opportunity to work closely with experienced consultants
- Exposure to wide variety of cutting edge technologies
- Opportunity to share and act on innovative ideas
Compensation: Competitive salary, incentive bonuses, twenty days PTO, health care and dental benefits, gym reimbursement, 401K, short term/long term disability, other great perks! We are located in downtown Boston and Cambridge within a fun shared office space.
Our clients are located just about everywhere! We service some global footprint companies, but most have roots in Boston, Cambridge and greater Massachusetts. If you are interested in being part of an awesome team and meet the qualifications listed above, we want to hear from you!