This role is responsible for ensuring our technical operations run smoothly for our web applications working closely with, and across, our Engineering team, our Information Security team, and our IT / Technology team. This role will understand our technology deeply at both the development and infrastructure levels and strive toward continuous improvements in reliability, security, and delivery. As part of this, the Manager of DevOps is responsible for working closely with the Engineering team on continuous delivery, scalability, performance, and network security practices at high velocity.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Create, support, and maintain the DevOps process and strategy
- Improve release automation & orchestration (CI/CD)
- Collect and track metrics on builds, build quality, and speed
- Develop monitoring solutions for all strategic server and web resources and create weekly metrics
- Maintain web operations practices and processes including security, infrastructure management and optimization, performance monitoring and tuning, reliability, and scalability
- Carry out performance testing and tuning
- Write code to solve problems as needed
- Administration of cloud-based Linux systems including Ubuntu/RHEL/CentOS/SUSE
- Administration of distributed source control systems including git/GitHub
- Provide technical leadership, advising and working with colleagues within your team and sharing knowledge across the wider organization.
- Design, implement and drive change management processes from concept, requirements, design, development, testing, approval, launch, and support
- Collaborate with Director, InfoSec on implementation of security best practices
- Work closely with Engineering teams for resource needs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent related work experience
- 5+ years in a DevOps, WebOps, or similar role at a SaaS company
- Understanding challenges of running high traffic and highly available web platforms
- Strong understanding of system and network security principles and technology
- Extensive experience of configuring and operational management of cloud hosted services, specifically Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with scripting of automated deployment and configuration management, using tools such a Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience of working very closely with developers and designers using agile methods and continuous delivery practices
- Extensive experience of Unix/Linux based operating systems, virtualization and network infrastructure.
- A good understanding of system performance, scalability, and disaster recovery
- Experience with Continuous Integrations tools such as GitHub Actions and Jenkins.
- Experience with containers (Docker) and container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Experience with the configuration, maintenance, and optimization of web servers (Nginx, Apache, Haproxy, etc.)
- Good communicator, having the soft skills to talk to business leaders as well as technical staff
- Experience implementing and/or managing a business environment that is compliant with a widely used security framework (eg. SOC2, NIST, ISO)
- Familiarity with GitOps patterns and tools (Flux, ArgoCD, etc.)
- Experience with modern logging and log aggregation tools (EFK/ELK, Fluentbit/Loki/Grafana, etc.)
- Experience with modern telemetry and instrumentation patterns and tools (Prometheus, OpenTelemetry, etc.)
Normal Working Hours and Conditions: Core business hours are generally 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. However, this position will require work to be performed outside of normal business hours based on Company operations.