SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The purpose of the Web-App Architect/Engineer role is to design and deliver a high-quality, secure, and tightly integrated user experience as part of a high-performance solutions development team. The primary responsibilities will be to create a globally deployable user experience within IDEX Fire & Safety’s Captium data platform. To succeed in this role, you will have a passion for scalable, Agile software development, foster a culture of collaboration and innovation, and deploy highly reliable and intuitive data solutions that create value for our customers.
We’re a team that’s very passionate about the products we create because of the life-safety mission of our brands and the positive impact our products provide to first responders and the people they protect. We improve life-safety outcomes through our software and IoT hardware products that provide information to keep equipment at peak readiness, increase response productivity, and simplify response operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Architect and development of IDEX Fire & Safety’s equipment/vehicle data/analytics proposition within the Captium IoT framework.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplined team to create compelling, data driven solutions for our global customers.
- Design and create new applications and enhance existing ones by developing the front-end with Angular 2+ and TypeScript.
- Design and create backend API services and integrate with existing backend APIs.
- Work effectively with a globally distributed team.
- Participate in all aspects of software development: from estimating to scheduling, to implementation and then release.
- Provide input on improving the software organization to increase throughput, improve quality, and continuously improve processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIRED ABILITIES:
- Experience with Angular 2+, HTML5, TypeScript, and CSS or equivalent client-side frameworks.
- C#, ASP.Net, Azure Functions, SQL Server, and Cosmos DB.
- 5+ years professional experience as a web-app software developer in an agile software environment.
- Can work on multiple projects simultaneously and can self-manage project issues by notifying appropriate stakeholders of risks.
- Additional Azure Cloud experience: App Service, Log Analytics, Data Lake, Signal/R, Event Grid/Hubs, IoT Hub.
- Exposure to ReactJS
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery, DevOps, and Release Management in the Microsoft Azure Cloud with a bias towards shipping code often.
- Self-motivated to learn and stay on top of new technologies. Able to train others on newer technologies that promote real business value.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience