Do you want to join us on a journey to change the trillion dollar travel industry? We are looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for travellers, data, and product.
FindHotel believes travel is the one thing that really opens minds to new ideas, cultures and ways of thinking. Our mission is to get every traveller in the world the best accommodation deal. From adventure travel and backpacking to honeymoons and family vacations, we deeply care so that every traveller can make the best informed accommodation choice at the absolute best conditions for every trip.
We are growing fast and looking for Engineering Lead - DevOps to join us in becoming a global travel category leader. This is an important role that will be driving the engineering enablement and service reliability effort for our fast growing services and products.
We build highly performant, scalable services and components that power our product and provide our users with the best content and deals the accommodation industry has to offer. Scalability, reliability, and great performance are the core of what we build. We work with modern stacks (Go, Node.js, Elixir, React) and our infrastructure in the cloud (AWS) is managed via tools like Docker, Gitlab, and Terraform, as well as principles like infrastructure-as-code, automation, and CI/CD.
Should you join us, not only you will get exposed to some bright engineers with a passion for delivering great software, you will also be collaborating with data analysts and scientists, product owners, UX and marketing specialists.
What you will actually be doing / responsibilities
- Work on enabling all our engineering teams and work on standardising our CI/CD pipeline
- Work with DevOps and Software engineers and all teams to solve challenging problems, improving our infrastructure and scaling it to support our continuous growth in a cost-effective way
- Promote a DevOps culture across all engineering teams, coaching engineers into a DevOps mindset and providing them with the tooling necessary to work efficiently
- Make sure all our code runs smoothly on the cloud and all the best practices are in place in terms of security and compliance (GDPR, PCI-DSS, etc)
- Work with the Head Of Engineering and the engineering leads to identify and implement the long-term operation strategy
What a day in the office might look like
In the morning, you sit down with a squad to discuss the implementation of our standard CI/CD pipeline, planning and estimating the effort to transition the services. After lunch, you take some time to improve one of the shared Terraform modules used by many teams to support a new feature AWS made available not long ago. Before the end of the day, you prepare the documentation for a security best practice you identified as missing in some of the publicly exposed APIs, scheduling a quick workshop with the interested teams to explain the reasoning behind the change. To finish up you drop a message to our Head of Engineering to schedule a chat tomorrow to discuss an idea that will make our engineering teams more efficient.
Who we are looking for
- You hold a BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field
- You have a proven track record operating distributed production systems on AWS cloud and solid experience with containerisation (Docker and K8s)
- You have exhaustive knowledge of both Unix systems, networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing, and related topics
- You have an “infrastructure as code” mindset and experience with Terraform, Chef and Puppet.
- You have solid experience with monitoring and alerting of distributed systems utilising tools such as DataDog and Sentry
- You have solid experience with using GitLab Auto DevOps as a standard CI/CD pipeline
- You have a sense of pragmatism, constantly finding the right balance between achieving technical excellence and delivering value to internal or external customers
- You are flexible, curious, and independent, you have experience working together with engineering leadership in defining the operational strategy and prioritising the effort
- You are a people person who can talk to both technical and non-technical stakeholders and define and implement CI/CD best practices, improving processes and workflows as we go
- You have experience in leading other DevOps or SRE
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have a can-do and can-learn attitude
Why join now?
- This year we will be helping +1M customers around the world find better hotel deals, using data, transparency & industry-leading features
- We are in fast growth mode and have been growing bookings by +100% YOY for the past 2 years and plan to continue doing so in the coming years
- Completing our mission means building an efficient tool users love. Doing that in a market as large and as competitive as online accommodation is a rare opportunity to make an impact in the online world.
Is FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO's blog post and our core values
What we offer:
- Plenty of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day and has a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits (including Stock Appreciation Rights).
- Flexible time off (take as many holidays as you need) and a chance to work remotely - we measure results, not time spent in the office.
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value good food and offer catered lunches from various cuisines, great coffee, ice-cream in the fridge and the occasional bbq in our garden
Blog posts worth reading: