Bonsai’s mission is to help people find and buy the products they want, as soon as they realize they want them. We began in 2016 as a streetwear style and news app. Now we’re leading the market shift to content-driven commerce. Bonsai is partnered with 30 of the world’s largest publishers and has integrated 1,200 brands. Our team is 35-strong and we’ve raised $11M in venture capital.
Our technology allows users to transact natively while browsing content. We make the journey from seeing a product to buying it possible in two taps. Our vision is to make this possible everywhere you discover products. For publishers, we provide a powerful revenue alternative to ads that also improves the user experience. Bonsai allows merchants to capture customers while they browse content, right when purchasing intent is being formed.
At Bonsai, we pride ourselves on the transparent and performance-driven environment we’ve created for our team. We value making data driven-decisions and taking calculated risks that add value to our users.
We are looking for a new DevOps developer to become an integral part of our development community. You will be helping to drive the direction of technology, strategizing on how to implement new infrastructure and practices. You will also help introduce new tools and paradigms to the company inline with emerging best practices and latest technology trends.
- Using Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker to create and manage infrastructure as code.
- Work to automate the development, monitoring and deployment process as much as possible.
- Revamp, and rebuild from scratch continuous integration and deployment systems.
- Designing monitoring & deployment.
- Prevent and chase down fires in a newly scaling startup with concerns from hundreds of users and hundreds of millions of users.
- In-depth knowledge of Kubernetes.
- Solid DevOps experience.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Docker.
- Proficient scripting skills in Python and Shell.
- Some experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Some experience in GraphQL or REST.
- Be open to giving and receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things tech. Excited about learning and adopting the latest technologies and tools.
- System networking knowledge.
- NodeJS experience.
- Graph database (DGraph especially) experience.
- ElasticSearch experience.
- Go Lang experience.
- Istio Experience.
What to expect
- Review - you'll hear from us regardless
- Intro Call - a quick call with the Head of People to discuss the role and learn who you are (resumes suck, we want to know the real you!)
- A call with our Director of Development - 45 minutes to go over your background, the role and Bonsai. Also a great time for you to ask any questions you have.
- Take-Home Assessment - a realistic problem to solve on your own time
- Onsite Interview - a 2-hour onsite interview to meet the team, and your chance to interview us.
- Offer - this is the part where we make the offer, you accept, and we all celebrate!