Provide expert technical support for the development and QA team which supports the Marketing Systems Department within ITS.
Analyze, design, code, implement, and document systems, of a highly technical nature, which are required to support various MBUSA business partners. Also provide technical solutions and guidance for QA related activities
- Responsible for developing in accordance with MBUSA system Development Methodologies.
- Designing, programming, and troubleshooting problems on new or existing websites. Interface with business partners to develop new requirements and specifications as requested. Adhere to Security and quality standards, develop test plans, and oversee unit testing and software pilots as required. Ensure projects deliverables are completed on time within budget.
- Recommend, document and update long-term strategy for hardware/software supporting our business partners. Develop proposals, identify costs and proposed release schedules.
- Provide day-to-day support to business partners and team members. Support includes troubleshooting existing software, hardware and communication problems. Work with Support Center, Infrastructure & Operations, Dealership personnel, and others to isolate and resolve technical problems.
- Analyze and review existing software/hardware solutions. Make proactive recommendations for improving performance and usability. Implement recommendations with management approval.
- Provide technical assistance and training to others in Java, CMS and other web technology and frameworks. This position is a technical resource for all business partners.
- Provide business partners with technical options in web technologies which will solve business goals. Support team members via communicating direction for resolving highly technical issues.
Bachelor’s Degree (accredited school) or equivalent work experience with emphasis in:
- Computer / Information Science
- Information Technology - Management Information System (MIS)
Java Certification (preferred)
Must have 3 - 5 years of experience in the following:
Automotive-Retail: General Knowledge of retail processes and procedures with emphasis in new and pre-owned sales, service, accessories and parts.
Business General Knowledge of fundamental business practices and concepts that impact the success and profitability of the organization.
Must have 7+ years of experience in the following:
- Must be familiar with Windows and *NIX hardware and software in order to troubleshoot and isolate software versus hardware problems.
- Must have experience in a number of IT disciplines including java, networking, web servers, application servers, secure coding concepts.
- Spring, JPA, JIRA, Jenkins, Checkmarx, and Splunk.
- Interaction of APIs and the external world.
- DevOps Mindset, as well as experience in working with continuous integration tools, build pipelines and test automation.
- Micro-services and implementation of OpenAPI, server, network, and hosting environment, relational and non-relational databases.
- Sound knowledge and experience with cloud infrastructure, governance and transformation.
- Experience using and implementing Service Virtualization tools
- Expert on application performance management tools and understand (non-functional) criteria’s of clinet facing, ecommerce applications
- Must remain current in Web Development Trends.
Must be able to work flexible hours/work schedule
Must be able to travel domestically when required
Work holidays and weekends when required
Be available during non-working hours to help resolve critical production problems or to meet deadlines. This may require seven (7) day, 24 hour availability
Mercedes-Benz USA is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Base Salary (Depending on Experience) + Annual Bonus + Full Time Employee Benefits