The DevOps Specialist is responsible for collaborating with software developers, system operators and other engineering team members to manage code releases. The DevOps Specialist is working to cross and merge the barriers that exist between software development, testing and operations teams, and keep existing networks in mind as they design, plan and test. The responsibilities of the DevOps Specialist include but not limited to:
- Setup and enhance of CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment).
- Configure the company's products to meet the functional requirements including configuration of functional areas and technical areas (e.g. integration interfaces, integration maps, web services, transport protocols, etc.).
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting the integration, operations of the infrastructure and systems.
- Ensure high availability of the company’s products, platforms [24x7x365] including but not limited to messaging, voice and e-mail gateways, in addition to assessing emergencies, providing analysis, and recommending solutions.
- Write and deploy scripts in different environments to automate day-to-day operations.
- Maintaining servers’ configuration, monitoring jobs and infrastructure documentation across the cloud environment ( Amazon AWS, Azure .. etc.).
- Work extensively with the offshore teams and network of partners on a daily basis.
- Hands-on 3+ years of recent technical experience in Professional Services/Enterprise DevOps role.
- Strong technical skills are required. Proficiency in multiple functional areas is required such as VPN, SMPP, VOIP, SQL, Java, PHP, Python, Integration technologies, web services, middleware, etc.
- Strong integration and configuration skills are required, e.g. network devices and servers (e.g. Cisco Router, Windows and Linux, AWS), integration maps (e.g. EDI maps, XSLT maps, etc.), web services, setting up transport protocols (e.g. AS2, SFTP, FTPS, etc.), scripting languages (e.g. PHP, Python, etc.), source control and continuous integration tools ( e.g. Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, etc.).
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Software, or other IT related field.
- Must be able to spend substantial time interfacing with the offshore teams on a daily basis.
- Fluent in English