DevOps Project Manager
Location: Bethesda, MD
GRSi, a Top 5 Technical company in Maryland is actively looking for a DevOps Project Manager to join our growing Civilian Health IT Division. This position will be instrumental in providing leading edge DevOps CI/CD solutions to world renowned healthcare and research organizations. This position is based in Bethesda, MD.
- Responsible for planning, leading, organizing, executing and motivating Agile DevOps project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering Agile projects that provide exceptional business value
- Responsible for leading cross functional teams to achieve project objectives, regularly report on status, and manage projects through the entire lifecycle.
- Manage scope, schedule, quality, and risks and issues. The DevOps Project Manager is responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment.
- May play other roles as needed to support successful project delivery
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a diverse group of staff members, stakeholders, and customers.
- Analyze project management needs and tailor industry best practices to suit environment.
- Work with stakeholders to define clear project objectives and requirements, agree on priorities, communicate progress updates and demonstrations, resolve issues and conflicts, and provide responsive change management.
- Work with cross-functional teams with diverse technical skill sets to support successful performance across operations and projects.
- Develop and maintain both programmatic and technical documentation.
- Participate in meetings; follow up on direction, action items, questions, documentation, etc.
- Enforce project roles and owners, communication processes, and status meeting schedule.
- Serve as a point of contact for customer leadership and corporate executive management.
- Manage the transformation to a DevOps/DevSecOps model within an Agile Project Management framework.
- Manage the integration of multiple siloed cross-functional teams into a DevOps/DevSecOps model.
- Manage the operationalization of the current Azure-hosted Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline as well as future on-premises or Cloud-hosted pipelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline
- PMP Certification
- Agile certification (Certified Scrum Master (CMS), PMP-ACP, or Kanban certification)
- 3+ years project management experience, working with cross functional teams
- 3+ years of hands-on Agile Project Manager/Scrum Master experience performing backlog management, work specification, Scrum facilitation, Kanban, lessons learned.
- 2+ years managing projects within a DevOps/DevSecOps model.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated hands-on experience in using Agile Project Management tools such as Jira.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated hands-on experience Microsoft Project, Visio, Office Suite and SharePoint.
- Solid understanding of DevOps/DevSecOps and CI/CD methodologies.
- Some hands-on experience and familiarity with Cloud and automation tools/technologies such as: Chef, InSpec, Jenkins, Subject7, ElectricFlow, BitBucket, Serena, Cucumber, Ansible, Artifactory, Maven, JMeter, Docker, Kubernetes, Netsparker, Nessus, SonarQube, Splunk, etc.
- Experience writing Project Charters and MS Project Plans.
- Ability to analyze problems with a flexible and creative approach, manage complex tasks and adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and strong customer-facing skills.
- Self-starter and quick learner with lots of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Experience with development, release, change, knowledge management, and end-user support systems
- Must meet all requirements for obtaining and maintaining a Public Trust Clearance.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification