Exiger is looking for talented Windows Infrastructure Engineering & Operations (DevOps) person to join our expanding Infrastructure Services team. The Infrastructure Engineering & Operations (DevOps) role is responsible for the back-end infrastructure that supports Exiger’s client-facing web applications: Insight3PM and Exiger Intelligence. You will be working with a growing team of in-house engineers, Data Scientists and QA engineers, innovating and expanding on Exiger’s web-based product offerings. Our ideal candidates have demonstrable experience building and supporting highly scalable, secure infrastructure, have a positive attitude and enjoy experimenting with new technologies and stacks. Candidates will be required to perform a code test or white boarding exercise as part of the interview process.
- Automation and management of infrastructure services, application deployments, cloud services, monitoring and databases
- Provide visibility into business and systems performance metrics, in support of capacity planning and business reports
- Work closely with Development and Infrastructure teams to maintain, manage and enhance the platform
- Expanding our configuration management infrastructure to enable rapid deployment of new services.
- Working with Information Security to perform security audits and proactively make recommendations/improvements
- Deliver high-quality and durable systems that meet the specifications of our product management team on time and within budget.
- Stay current on technology and domain trends, frameworks and cutting-edge technology.
- The candidate will be working with our teams to bring new solutions delivered by technology to the company.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
Knowledge & Skills
- Comfortable working in a continuous deployment environment
- Experience configuring, securing and managing Windows servers
- Experience with managing MySQL databases, including replication, and web servers and proxies like Nginx, Squid and HAProxy
- Scripting abilities in Unix Shell, Python or Ruby
- Have used automation tools such as Puppet, Ansible or Vagrant
- Experience with monitoring and metrics collection tools such as Logicmonitor, Sensu, InfluxDB and New Relic
- Experience working with SCM tools such as git, GitHub, TFS and BitBucket.
- Familiarity with SOA, microservices, message queueing and relational database concepts. Experience working with third-partyand supporting internal/third-party RESTful web services and other APIs.and SOAP-based APIs.
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively contend with competing priorities.
- Willingness to share opinions and experiences with team and stakeholders regarding technical topics and approaches.
Professional Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in Infrastructure Engineering.
- Experience with functional programming languages.
- Interest in information security technologies.
- Experience in the deployment of complex high availability applications.
- Experience with Solr and Hadoop would be considered an asset.
** No recruiters/agencies please
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.