We’re looking for a senior automation & devops engineer to join our 6-person engineering team. Here, our engineers build solutions for tough challenges, from cutting-edge product features & international scalability to natural language comprehension & advanced data analytics. Engineers at RedRoute are creative, solve engaging problems, take ownership of their work, and contribute to our product initiatives and overall direction. You'll be joining our team at a stage where every engineer makes an outsized impact on our tech, product, and company - we hope you're ready!
- You love responsibility, ownership, and making decisions.
- You’re ambitious and move fast.
- You want to contribute throughout the company, not just within engineering.
- You think voice will be as big as mobile, and you want to be a part of it.
What You’ll Do
- Create & ensure reliability, consistent performance, and scalability of our software, whether it’s when we bring our product to Australia (happening soon!), creating a continuous deployment pipeline for our microservices, or performance monitoring.
- Infrastructure as code: make this a reality. Automate inefficiencies & create reproducible and reliable support structure for different teams.
- Oversee internal/external security & compliance. HIPAA compliance requiring a re-architecting of our encryption procedures? You’re on it. An IP sending malicious requests to our servers? You’re there.
- Lead our software reliability and developer operations team. Bring on & mentor new engineers, design large-scale projects, and work with cross-functional teams on new initiatives.
- Lead development and external integrations for our proprietary phone system built around an open-source PBX.
What You Have
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose object-oriented programming languages - Python, Java, Ruby, etc., and version control (Git) proficiency.
- Interest and ability to expand your skill set with new coding languages and development environments as needed.
- Experience working with several of the following: Unix/Linux environments, networking, large-scale system design, VoIP, software architecture, information security, CI/CD tools, Ansible, Docker, Asterisk, Terraform, Jenkins.
- Fluency in verbal and written English - some communication with external parties.
- Ambition required - you'll be responsible for a crucial part of our ecosystem and need to have the drive to succeed!
- You’ve spent hours talking with bad IVRs & voice systems and want to help us improve the experience!
- Python3 expertise
- Entrepreneurial drive with previous startup experience under your belt.
- Prior leadership in a team-based technical environment.
- Experience building and scaling AWS-architected products
About Us (read more @ angel.co/redroute)
- Founded @ Cornell '15
- First product launched October '17
- Grown 3x in the last 6 months
- $4M revenue/year
- 100k daily users
Visa sponsorship eligible.
No recruiters please.