Practising Law Institute (“PLI”), an innovative leader in legal education programs and services, is searching for a technology professional to fill the role of DevOps Engineer. This position requires a bachelor’s degree as well as experience with building automation into existing workflows. PLI’s client base includes a large array of prestigious law firms, corporations and government agencies.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about building infrastructure that is maintainable and scalable while incorporating automation to support engineering workflows.
- Manage DevOps Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) processes, provide direct support to developers on build errors, production application deficiencies, configuration issues, and revision control issues; work with development leads to refine the CICD processes to be more efficient, secure and robust;
- Manage source control (branching, merging, conflicts);
- Manage and perform tool upgrades, keeping the application platform and development tools up to date with proper patches and upgrades; Develop and support strategies and tools related to software configuration/ deployment, software build, continuous integration, test automation and release automation;
- Setup and maintain the application environments (Dev, Test, Stage, Production) including automated environment provisioning; Manage release and deployment workflows/pipeline, deployment plans, schedule and execute installation of new modules, upgrades and fixes to the environments.
- Manage and maintain high system availability, involve in designing and implementing high performing, redundant, and self-healing systems to ensure the highest uptime; manage both application load and performance to ensure we're prepared to handle long term demands;
- Daily maintenance of the application and database systems, proactively refine daily maintenance routines, and keep the application and database systems up and running;
- Respond to production system incidents, helps to trouble shoot and resolve production issues;
- Ability to troubleshoot application related issues under the following technology stacks: C#/Java/SQL/MongoDB/Kafka/Netsuite/Salesforce;
- Other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree is required; degree with focus on computer science or information technology is preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Comfortable with collaboration and open communication with the ability to reach across the organization, vendors and partners.
- Ability to explain solutions to complex problems and demonstrate the ability to lead and impart knowledge effectively.
- Previous experience in configuration management of application and database Servers is required. Should be well versed with managing OS configuration for both LINUX and Windows Servers.
- Capable of managing database releases using tools.
- Previous experience in Release governance with proper Access Control processes and settings is required.
- Displays the ability to devise roll-back strategy / mechanisms for failed releases.
- Ability to produce and maintain runbooks / workbooks for Release and Roll-backs.
- Experience in managing resources in one of the major cloud platforms (Azure/AWS/Google)
- Knowledge on Powershell scripts is a must; C#/SQL/NoSQL is preferred.
For over 80 years PLI has been considered the “gold standard” as a leader in continuing legal and professional business training education. PLI presents over 400 live programs each year in state-of-the-art conference centers throughout the U.S. and abroad. Recent international seminar locations include London and Hong Kong.
In addition to hosting innovative live programs, PLI streams webcasts and offers on-demand programs for thousands of participants each day. PLI publishes a variety of treatises, answer books, course handbooks and has an award-winning online research platform, PLI Plus. PLI offers the nation’s leading preparation course for the Patent Office’s Registration Exam, and provides SEC compliance and accounting training through its SEC Institute. The organization also develops unique, engaging ways of learning through its Interactive Learning Center. Through its mission as a nonprofit organization, PLI is deeply committed to the pro bono community and public interest organizations.
BENEFITS AT PLI
PLI offers market-competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families, PLI contributions to a retirement account, ample paid time off and holidays, summer Fridays, career development opportunities, and work-life balance initiatives. The PLI work environment is interesting, collegial, intelligent and supportive.
Only those applicants who meet our requirements for this position will be contacted.
Practising Law Institute is an equal opportunity employer. More information about PLI may be found on our website www.pli.edu.