Staff Software Engineer
Join the team as a Staff Software Engineer focused on building cutting-edge software for delivering cloud-based products and services. As a Staff Software Engineer you will have the opportunity to build new applications and services from scratch as well as extending the functionality of existing applications and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Architecting and developing core systems of services, prototypes, and proofs-of-concept.
- Roughly 70% hands-on coding.
- Applies technical expertise and an understanding of business needs to design and develop innovative solutions in the cloud.
- Utilizes deep understanding of DevOps and software engineering best practices to influence design and implementation approaches and solutions.
- Works in a cross-functional style, developing relationships with external teams and working across teams to achieve results.
- Effectively communicating technical solutions and decisions to both technical and leadership audiences through documentation, presentations, and verbal communications.
- Development of accurate time estimates and milestones for projects.
- Coaches and mentors less senior software engineers in software development techniques and cloud development.
- Able to act as technical lead for one or more projects.
- S. or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Extensive experience in professional software engineering, including agile development.
- Extensive experience with cloud-based development and systems.
- Experience developing large distributed systems and cloud services that are scalable, reliable, secure, and supportable.
- Extensive experience with REST, Web Services, CI/CD systems, Linux, and Java enterprise development.
- Experience working in large enterprise environments, implementing complex solutions utilizing cloud services in AWS (beyond simply EC2).
- Experience working with remote/offshore teams.
- Knowledge of Jira, Git, Jenkins, and Maven.
- Experience with Python and scripting languages.
- Experience with Ansible, Chef, or similar software configuration tools.
- Experience with UI development.