DevOps Project Manager
Location: Bethesda, MD
GRSi's Federal Health IT Division is actively looking for a DevOps Project Manager to join our growing team. This opportunity will be instrumental in providing critical infrastructure support to the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute at NIH. This position is based in Bethesda, MD.
- Responsible for planning, leading, organizing, executing and motivating Agile DevOps project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering Agile projects that provide exceptional business value.
- Responsible for leading cross functional teams to achieve project objectives, regularly report on status, and manage projects through the entire lifecycle. The DevOps Project Manager will be the representative for DevOps teams in project status meetings and will be responsible for interfacing between potentially disparate teams to ensure that DevOps tasks are carried through to completion.
- Manage scope, schedule, quality, and risks and issues. The DevOps Project Manager is responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment. The DevOps Project Manager will be the focal point between GRSi DevOps engineers, Federal leadership, and other task order Contractor teams.
- May play other roles as needed to support successful project delivery.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a diverse group of staff members, stakeholders, and customers.
- Analyze project management needs and tailor industry best practices to suit the environment throughout its transition to a DevOps/DevSecOps model within an Agile Framework.
- Work with stakeholders to define clear project objectives and requirements, agree on priorities, communicate progress updates and demonstrations, resolve issues and conflicts, and provide responsive change management.
- Work with cross-functional teams with diverse technical skill sets to support successful performance across operations and projects. Demonstrate an understanding of tasks performed by internal and external teams while advising stakeholders regarding how tasks may be completed in tandem and in sequence to fulfill mission objectives.
- Participate in meetings; follow up on direction, action items, questions, documentation, etc.
- Enforce project roles and owners, communication processes, and status meeting schedule.
- Serve as a point of contact representing DevOps/DevSecOps activities for customer leadership and corporate executive management.
- Ensure that project documentation is being completed in a timely and accurate manner across the chosen project management toolset (JIRA, SharePoint, MS Project, Innotas, etc.).
- Provide technical and project management experience in discussions between cross functional teams to ensure that tasks being distributed to DevOps teams are appropriate for the environment as well as the current workload. This will require a fundamental understanding of tools/technologies used by DevOps & CI/CD personnel as well as an understanding of Agile/Scrum/Kanban best practices.
- Provide advisement to stakeholders and DevOps team members regarding tasks that can be completed within Agile timeboxes based on current and future workloads while emphasizing program/technical priorities and risks.
- Facilitate the integration of multiple siloed cross-functional teams into a DevOps/DevSecOps model from a project and tasking standpoint.
- Manage tasks related to the operationalization of the current Azure-hosted Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline as well as future on-premises or Cloud-hosted pipelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline
- PMP Certification
- Agile certification (Certified Scrum Master (CMS), PMP-ACP, or Kanban certification)
- 3+ years project management experience, working with cross functional teams
- 3+ years of hands-on Agile Project Manager/Scrum Master experience performing backlog management, work specification, Scrum facilitation, Kanban, lessons learned.
- 2+ years managing projects within a DevOps/DevSecOps model.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated hands-on experience in using Agile Project Management tools such as Jira.
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated hands-on experience Microsoft Project, Visio, Office Suite and SharePoint.
- Solid understanding of DevOps/DevSecOps and CI/CD methodologies.
- Some hands-on experience and familiarity with Cloud and automation tools/technologies such as: Chef, InSpec, Jenkins, Subject7, ElectricFlow, BitBucket, Serena, Cucumber, Ansible, Artifactory, Maven, JMeter, Docker, Kubernetes, Netsparker, Nessus, SonarQube, Splunk, etc.
- Experience writing Project Charters and MS Project Plans.
- Ability to analyze problems with a flexible and creative approach, manage complex tasks and adapt to rapidly changing requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and strong customer-facing skills.
- Self-starter and quick learner with lots of initiative and ability to work independently.
- Experience with development, release, change, knowledge management, and end-user support systems
- Must meet all requirements for obtaining and maintaining a Public Trust Clearance.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certification
Submit Your Resume To:
Recruiting at email@example.com
For more information call: 240-236-0800 option 3